A VRC is defined as a Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor is power or gravity actuated lift that receives objects or material only (not designed to carry passengers or an operator) onto a carrier and then transmits these objects vertically between two or more fixed elevations.
Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor, like other types of lifts or conveyor, which are used to provide a more efficient movement & storage of material within a manufacturing, retail, wholesale, or distribution facility – especially where one or more overhead storage or process areas are utilized.
The VRC is designed to be used in typical places like warehouses, factories, etc where the specialized rope hoist system is put with gearbox, etc at the top and is designed either as a free standing structure or with support from the lift shaft. Heights as high as 25m and capacity upto 10 tons can be made.
The principal components of VRC’s include guide columns, carriage and a mechanical or hydraulic actuating mechanism.
- Safe, efficient, convenient means of moving materials from one level to another
- Install in new or existing building.
- Customized to your application needs.
- Less costly to install, operate and maintain than elevators.
- Safer than using a forklift to move materials between levels.